Doing Business Here
Downtown Hampton is rich in possibilities for entrepreneurs. Young businesses and start-ups, established firms, urban developers or artists… now is the time to make your move to Virginia’s best kept secret… Downtown Hampton.
Whether your business is retail oriented or a professional office, Downtown Hampton offers a variety of opportunities for businesses looking to locate in the Hampton Roads area. Your company will be at home amongst a friendly, walkable urban area nestled alongside the Hampton River waterfront. The area offers access to a number of daytime workers, two higher education facilities, great residential options, and two access points to Interstate 64. With more than 400 years of history, Downtown Hampton is looking to the future to meet the demands of the 21st Century. We aim to provide a dynamic heart to the city, fostering an environment with which you can live, work, and experience the best in Hampton Roads.
Developers, a number of project opportunities are arising in the short-term future. Over the next few years, a number of properties will become available for new high-density, mixed-use developments that coincide with Downtown’s masterplan.
To discuss business or development opportunities contact Jimmy Cerracchio at 757-727-1271 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Quick Overview of Downtown Hampton
- Approximately 500,000 annual visitors drawn to attractions, conferences, boating amenities, and military contracting work
- Annual events draw nearly 500,000 visitors to Downtown each year including Blackbeard Festival, International Children’s Festival, and Bay Days
- Nearly 14,000 residents within a one-mile radius featuring a combination of multi-family housing and single family homes located within downtown and adjacent historic neighborhoods
- Adding 300-500 more market-rate to upscale residential units within next 3 years
- Approximately 8,600 employees located in and around Downtown Hampton
- Hampton University and Virginia Tech AREC have over 6,000 students, faculty and staff
- 48 locally owned retail, restaurant, and service oriented businesses
- Free Parking at lots, garages, and streets throughout Downtown
A number of incentives are offered to businesses that locate in Downtown Hampton, including rent assistance, marketing assistance, façade improvement grants, and much more. The area has also been designated a Federal HUB Zone, and an Enterprise Zone, both of which offer multiple aid to businesses looking to relocate or expand. Click here for a full list of these incentives.
Available Space Opportunities
Retail/ Restaurant Space
Here you will find information on storefronts for lease throughout Downtown including space on historic Queens Way, along the Hampton River Waterfront, and other great locations. Click here for a listing of Retail/ Restaurant Spaces.
We have a variety of office spaces available, including high rise views or historic charm, which house businesses including law firms, military contractors, and even movie studios. Click here for a listing of Office Spaces.
There are plenty of development opportunities rising in Hampton. Click here for links to Current RFP’s & RFQ’s